Friday, July 18, 2008

A Fractured Work-In-Progress

This is the fabric before the calculating and cutting begins...
This is the piece, as it stands, in the "unfinished project" pile... my procrastination goal for the summer.

This is a piece that I started some time ago from a class that was taught by a friend of mine. Taken from stategic multiple cuts, on a single piece of fabric; it mirrors the effect as if looking through water.

It is seen here in its rough form, in a 'before' picture, taken a year ago. It needs a very simple border, (as it is a busy composition in scale), along with some free-motion threadwork that will echo the movement of the petals and leaves.

This is a work-in-progress that I have chosen to complete before the month is over. It is a good day's work at most... if I can get time to get at it between writing on my assortment of blogs!

Maybe I will need to take my machine on holiday with me, and get a few more things done! (Lol)

No comments: