Friday, July 18, 2008

God Shows Up

Originally posted by Brenda on Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:07:00 GMT on Pawn to King,and is filed under True Stories


Just when you feel like you're ready to throw it all it in... When it all seems too much, and makes no sense... God shows up.

Yesterday, I continued to be carrying the weight of many struggling hearts and hurting people. I was having difficulty even praying in the Spirit, for both them and myself. For days, just simply carrying this overwhelming burden, had been nothing less than wearing.

A couple, that my husband and I know, is going through a long season of difficulty in their marriage. Nobody knows about it. Certainly, we didn't, but God does. As man-and-wife they have run on parallel lines, as though a railroad track with no cross-beams beneath, except for once in a while.

They came to my mind weeks ago, and once again they were on my heart. So, I called the house.

The wife was at home. She thanked me for the encouraging words, and for making God "personal" once again (see previous blog entry). Then she pointedly made sure that I understood that my obedience was one of the reasons that they were still married.

I barely know this couple, so how could I possibly be responsible for them still being married?

It turns out that years ago, when I was sitting in a church one night, I had written a word of prophecy for them - one that I have definitely long forgotten. It spoke of the difficulties they would go through, and that God would restore their marriage - and as long as they hung in there, it would come to pass. She tucked it in her Bible, and says that she has read it often over the years - as it gave her hope when she felt she could not do it one more day.

Isn't that just like Him?

It really has been a struggle this past week. The weight of a "grieving" Holy Spirit, has permeated my heart and it has felt like something eternal was altered - that there is no going back to capture it in all of its' natural perspective, never mind the spiritual side of things - that even what I personally had to do, had all been blown out of the water. Nothing would be more heartbreaking to me than to miss what He wanted.

When I am there, my heart is here. When I am here, my heart is there. Granted, He has a plan, and it will all work out. Patience, of course, is being tested at every turn. Not being sure what I am to be doing, beyond the present moment, is new territory for me. In His mercy and grace, He has almost always provided that insight beforehand in my journey. Blind faith is not difficult, but it sure can be a test of endurance at times! And when and where there seems to be no outlet for doing what you are called to do, God shows up and makes one.

Our up-and-down moments in life are all being used to bring a message of hope, if not for this moment, for one down the road. So, remember...

When the time comes and you feel like you want to throw it all in... God shows up.

No comments: